Subject: Re: NetBSD: Certified mom-ready.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1999 15:26:45
In message <199904191908.AA00483@quatre.pa.dec.com>, Hal Murray writes:
>Do you have a list of the software you put on her disk?

Not particularly, but basically, Windowmaker, screen, mtools, Lyx, and their
dependancies.  (Which, BTW, was a bear to do, because I had to manually figure
out build-time dependancies and re-install.)

>How much would it help if we collected up another tar file with a
>ready to install collection of software like that?

I've thought about producing a pre-packaged NetBSD for end users.  Yet another
thing on "gee, I wish I had more time".

Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets.

>Or maybe just a web page with a list of packages, links to the web
>sites, and installation hints.

Yeah.

-s