Subject: Re: m68k suggestion
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1999 11:43:20
As I understood it, NetBSD already configures gcc for "mc68020" as the
baseline minimum, but no higher so that a binary built on one m68k system
will run on all of them. Users can, of course, recompile their worlds to
optimize for what they have.

Actually, there is one other change that can be made without sacrificing
cross platform compatability: for those kernels that only run on specific
processors, e.g. sun3/GENERIC3X (the sun3x is always mc68030), we can add a
"makeoptions" to the config file, to set the gcc processor-specific
instruction generators for the kernel.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>