Subject: Re: kernel build annoyance part II
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1999 07:36:44
Matthias Drochner writes:

> gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com said:
> > So my guess is that for 'depend' make is doing things relative to /usr/
> > src/sys/arch/compile/XXXXX/lib/compat, so the 6th previous is actually
> > /usr/src, so the file is then '/usr/src/net/radix.h' as expected.
>
> Hmm - there is one subdir missing in your path - it should be
> /usr/src/sys/arch/<ARCH>/compile/XXXXX/lib/compat.
> So the 6th bach is /usr/src/sys, and the search paths come out right.

Oops, that is correct for the 'depend case', but make is still wrong when
it looks for the file dependencies to build.  I am 100% certain of that.
Otherwise, a hung /net mount would never hang a make at "checking libcompat"
in 'netio' or similar.

> It's still nasty to have absolute paths in .depend because
> one can't simply move a kernel compile directory around,
> but this is another story.

True, but I would first like them to work as expected.. :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.