Subject: re: pmax in distrib
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: matthew green <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/1999 09:59:10
   This was an issue I was going to bring up on tech-pkg to get a concensus.
   I may end up having the pkg create symlinks for the .so.MAJOR in /usr/lib to
   ${LOCALBASE}/lib to make ELF systems happy, as ELF has no notion of
   For now, the pkg requires LD_LIBRARY_PATH to be set.

gee, maybe we could fix that by adding support to the elf

andy doran recently got bitten by this, expecting to work but it
not doing so.

how many more users are we going to screw over before we "give in" to elf ?

ps:  rant not directed at anyone (except maybe ross :)