Subject: Re: NetBSD changes as of 1999/03/29 05:00 UTC
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/1999 01:23:27
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, NetBSD source changes wrote:
>
> : src/distrib/sets/lists/base/md.pmax
> :     (simonb - Mon Mar 29 03:10:08 UTC 1999)
> :     Put ./usr/libexec/ld.so back - it's used for backwards compatibility
> :     with early ELF binaries.
>
> This is part of the compat13 pkg I'm about to commit.  Please revert.

Before I do this, one question.  From looking at the package, the old
compat libraries get installed in ${PREFIX}/lib.  Under ELF, how will
old programs know to look in ${PREFIX}/lib for these libraries?

If this does indeed work (I haven't actually tested it), do you also
want a pull-up on the 1.4 branch?

Simon.