Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Dave Burgess <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1999 09:08:53
On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 10:04:50PM -0500, Dave Burgess wrote:

> Everyone is going to burn me at the stake.  I just know it.
> I linked /usr/pkg to /usr/local

Hm. I've no doubt missed some relevant note here, but isn't it just as easy
to ignore /usr/pkg altogether and set your package system's base to be
/usr/local? I did that a while ago and it worked out okay, and nothing had
to pretend that there was a /usr/pkg. It seemed cleaner.

(I've long since gone back to using /usr/pkg, since I like the separation.)

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore