Subject: Re: Press any key to continue...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/1999 02:27:40
[snip]

>You should be able to start the install in the evening, and once all
>parameters are entered leave it running the whole nigth. If all goes well,
>all the time-consuming tacks should be done when you get back.

That seems entirely reasonable, if we have machines that slow.  (I
dont think any of the original sysinst development was on machines
quite _that_ slow.)

>> Would it be easy to make them optional?  (Rather than removing them
>> totally.)

>Do you really need the extra pauses when all goes well ?

Um. I acutallly use them, Even if it's only to check visually what's
happening during a medium-slow install.  I go far enough away from the
screen that I can't read what's happening, but I can tell from the
pauses that a fileset is completed.

>Of course if a command fails, sysinst needs to warn the user, and wait
>for the user to aknoledge it. I didn't remove this, I even think I improved
>it a bit.

Hm.  If it's really an all-nighter, an audible beep or three would be nice.