Subject: Re: Adaptec AAA-131SA?
To: Jukka Marin <>
From: Chris Jones <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1999 12:33:21
>>>>> "Jukka" == Jukka Marin <> writes:

Jukka> Is there / will there be support for the Adaptec RAID SCSI
Jukka> controllers AAA-131SA / AAA-131CA or AAA-33SA?

I don't know about that, but I'm using an external RAID controller
made by Adaptec, and I've had good luck with it.  It's an AEC-4412.
It's got 3 Ultra-Wide interfaces:  One to the host, and two for
disks.  It has a serial line that you can plug into a port to run
kermit for a full-screen interface to the controller, or you can tweak
things using the front-panel LCD display and buttons there.

The only drawback I've seen so far is that you can only put 8 devices
in a single RAID array, not counting spares.  Of course, you can have
multiple arrays configured on the same controller (presumably up to 7,
though I have only used two).

Chris Jones
           Mad scientist at large