Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1999 21:59:44
On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Andrew Brown wrote:

# >> ...and that /var/db/pkg should be /usr/pkg/db, because that
# >> way i could share /usr/pkg among systems and get everything i need out
# >> of it.
# >
# >I've talked to a few other people about this, and most seem to
# >agree with this. It's just that nobody's actually tried to do it
# >yet.
#
# ...or even /usr/pkg/etc or something.  so what's actually holding this
# back?  i'll admit to bot actually having very many places where this
# would actually benefit me, but it does seem to me to be a "very
# useful" thing, or at least "logical".

/etc directories don't belong in too many other places besides the root
filesystem (IMHO).  Why not ${PKGBASE}/pkgdb (in case you want it
rooted somewhere besides /usr/pkg?)

				--*greywolf;
--
You are carrying: