Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1999 20:33:17
On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:

# On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Andrew Brown wrote:
#
# > ...and that /var/db/pkg should be /usr/pkg/db, because that
# > way i could share /usr/pkg among systems and get everything i need out
# > of it.
#
# I've talked to a few other people about this, and most seem to
# agree with this. It's just that nobody's actually tried to do it
# yet.

Could we please call it $PKGBASE or some such?  I am one of those people
who doesn't care to maintain a fourth hierarchy (outside of std,
/usr/X11 and /usr/local).

"As long as it's configurable, there's really no problem."

				--*greywolf;
--
Sun could have remained quite profitable by staying with BSD-based OSs, and
they wouldn't have pissed off NEARLY as many customers.