Subject: Re: Raidframe (was: Adaptec AAA-131SA?)
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1999 16:42:38
Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca> writes:

> I've not experienced any data corruption for quite some time -- since well
> before RAIDframe was added to the NetBSD tree.  I'd be using RAIDframe on
> my main box for real data if I had more disks, but right now I need those
> disks on my testbox for testing/developing RAIDframe... :-/

I've been running a raidframe raid 5 setup since December, and have
had no raidframe related problems.

There are some hacks I need to do to speed things up when writing, but
at least the thing seems stable.

Note that with any software raid system you suffer if the underlying
disk interface doesn't properly report errors.  I'm using two IDE and
two SCSI disks, the latter hanging off a bha controller.  The error
reporting on the bha drive is abysmal.

--Michael