Subject: Re: Wake On Lan
To: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1999 19:23:13
    Guenther> If there is more magic involved, e.g. the ethernet
    Guenther> packet has to be in a special format or carry a special
    Guenther> payload, then we have to write a small app which is
    Guenther> capeable of creating and sending this packet.

  Yes, the ethernet packet has to be in a special format. But, it
isn't that big a deal: we could generate such a thing with BPF.

]    Have encryption. Am travelling... wish it were by train... |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[