Subject: Re: Root .profile
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1999 00:39:52
This whole root .profile thing is probably being made a little more
complex than necessary, and I'm sure we all have our way of dealing
with things.

For example, I will assume that /root/.profile and /.profile were
not hard-linked for a reason (at least they never have been on my
machine).  This insures, to me, that when I hit single-user mode,
it will do something different than if I 'su -' to a super-user
with $HOME==/root and $SHELL==/bin/sh.  (the latter is a much more
involved profile).

				--*greywolf;
--
"When are people going to wake up and perceive people as people, instead
 of giving us convenient little labels, trying to force us to conform to