Subject: Re: Root .profile
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1999 17:23:47
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> 2) There is absolutely no reason to do something that complicated.
>    Just save the host name in a variable and concatenate the default
>    PS1 (in the same way as my code does) in `.shrc'.
>
> Why make the problem harder than it actually is??

Because at one time this code had more than just this; it also
included the username in the prompt if the username was not `cjs,'
among other things. Since we don't need this, obviously we can
simplify the code as per your message.

And again, Charles, NOTE THAT FOLLOWUPS ARE REDIRECTED AWAY FROM
PORT-VAX. Or do you have some reason to think that this is some
sort of VAX-specific issue?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.