Subject: Re: Root .profile
To: Brian D Chase <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1999 17:17:36
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Brian D Chase wrote:

> My preferences lean towards keeping things as simple as possible.  I'd
> probably strip down /.profile making it much less sophisticated than
> /root/.profile unless there are reasons for keeping the two identical.

It just seems a lot easier to me to keep the two identical. Users
don't won't discover (perhaps the hard way) that they have different
paths in single- and mulit-user mode when they change just one,

Curt Sampson  <>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: