Subject: Re: Netscape question...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1999 23:21:13
On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 12:54:44AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> It seems that motif will occasionally grab the X server (I don't know why it
> needs this, but ...). If the application crashes or loops while the
> X server is grabbed, bad things will happen ...

Hm. That's pleasant.

I wish there were other browsers out there. I suppose I should look around
a bit. I'm sure there's something out there that does standards-compliant
HTML. (Opera, I guess, but that's neither free (speech) nor ported to any
sort of Unix yet, from what I've read...)

The unfortunate things about this sort of locking up is that it prevents me
from getting to another wsconsole where I could kill the offensive process
and get on with life. :) Oh well.

<about an hour passes>

Okay. There looks to be two promising bits: Amaya and Chimera. Maybe if I
get one of them to build and it looks interesting I'll cut my teeth on it
and make (and submit!) a package.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped