Subject: Re: USB / wskbd questions/problems...
To: Lennart Augustsson <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1999 19:46:28
On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 10:50:18PM +0200, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> As you noted, wsdisplay cannot use more than one keyboard, and
> unplugging the normal keyboard isn't enough.  You could make a special
> kernel that only has a USB keyboard in it, then it would work.

Okay. That's good to know. I'll continue running off of a regular keyboard
for the nonce, but I'd like to switch over to USB before long. I think it's
a nifty technology, and I want to be using stuff I can swap between different

> We really need to change wsdisplay so it can handle multiple keyboards.
> Unfortunately, it's not trivial to do.

Hm. How about allowing user-selection of which keyboard is actually used, in
/etc/wscons.conf or something? That would solve the immediate need for easy
and immediate support, anyway, and could easily be deprecated once it no
longer matters.

> PS.  You can do 'od -X /dev/wskbd1' to check that the keyboard works.

Cool. Thanks.

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore