Subject: Re: USB / wskbd questions/problems...
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@augustsson.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1999 19:46:28
On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 10:50:18PM +0200, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> As you noted, wsdisplay cannot use more than one keyboard, and
> unplugging the normal keyboard isn't enough.  You could make a special
> kernel that only has a USB keyboard in it, then it would work.

Okay. That's good to know. I'll continue running off of a regular keyboard
for the nonce, but I'd like to switch over to USB before long. I think it's
a nifty technology, and I want to be using stuff I can swap between different
machines.

> We really need to change wsdisplay so it can handle multiple keyboards.
> Unfortunately, it's not trivial to do.

Hm. How about allowing user-selection of which keyboard is actually used, in
/etc/wscons.conf or something? That would solve the immediate need for easy
and immediate support, anyway, and could easily be deprecated once it no
longer matters.

> PS.  You can do 'od -X /dev/wskbd1' to check that the keyboard works.

Cool. Thanks.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped