Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: sendmail package
To: Curt Sampson <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1999 16:26:52
On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 04:22:43PM -0400, Curt Sampson wrote:

> This is odd; I was *sure* that when I was maintaining sendmail in
> the tree, I had it build with tcpwrappers.

Yeah. Others have said that as well. I've been running 8.9.x since it came
out, and, hence, haven't been running the in-tree version.

Has it always used tcpwrappers, though? There was definitely a time when
I was running the NetBSD stock sendmail, and I don't remember tcpwrappers
being involved.

Anyway, would it be a good thing or a bad thing for the stock hosts.allow
to have either a sendmail entry or comments describing such an entry?

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore