Subject: Netscape question...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1999 10:29:09
Or, rather, maybe a more general X question...

How much control do individual X applications have over things like the
keyboard? Netscape just flipped out on me, and did something odd to my
keyboard. I wasn't able to, for instance, hit my Caps Lock key and have
the Caps Lock LED light. Also, I wasn't able to hit control-alt-whatever
to get to my text-based terminals. This persisted until I logged in from
another machine and killed the Netscape process. (I had to nuke it, too.
It didn't die after receiving a TERM signal.)

The Netscape I'm using, FWIW, is from our package source - the BSD/OS binary
that gets installed on i386 boxes.

This probably isn't wildly important, but Netscape has done this to me before,
and it's a bit odd.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped