Subject: Re: My disks disappear
To: Gerard vd Grinten <Gerard.vdGrinten@best.ms.philips.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1999 13:55:13
On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 11:24:55AM +0200, Gerard vd Grinten wrote:

> Hello Current users,
>
> For a few weeks now i am unable to create a correct kernel for I386-current.
> What happens is: My wd0 is found, wdc1 is probed , activity lite stayes on
> but my wd1 and wd2 on the second IDE port are not found.
> Desperately, i made a GENERIC kernel last night (1.4_ALPHA),
> it probed via pciide but also did not find wd1 and wd2..
>
> Please respond by mail.
>
> My current dmesg follows:

It seems truncated, and the part about disks is missing.

Could you enable debbuging in your 1.4 kernel and send me the dmesg output ?
just set the wdcdebug_mask variable to 0x10, either in the sources or
with gdb:
gdb --write /netbsd
set wdcdebug_mask=0x10
quit

[BTW, you'd better use pciide, this would give you DMA ... ]

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>