Subject: Re: Linux news
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1999 17:34:07
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:
> > I have asked 3 weeks ago a document describing majors changes in NetBSD 1.4,
> > and futures orientations of NetBSD (1.5 and later).  I'm not qualified to
> > write such document....
>
> You may not be qualified to write the `future stuff for 1.5' part
> of it, by I don't see why you would have such trouble with the 1.4
> changes. Just go through the changes section on the website and
> write up something based on that.

Note, however, that that list is incomplete.

Some (or at least one 8-) of the most prolific developers studiously
avoids putting changes into the CHANGES file (for reasons that i would
characterize as "because it's not exactly what he wants it to be,"
though he would undoubtedly differ in that interpretation of reasons
8-), even though it is extremely useful for purposes like these.

cgd