Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1999 15:50:16
On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, David Maxwell wrote:

# On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 09:55:50PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
# > > > That's a bug that got a lot of press last year, people stuffing
# > > > .tgz into their crontabs to avoid quota. Cron should restrict
# > > > the file to a reasonable size.
# > >
# > > Cool :-)  I missed that one.  Students?
# >
# > eek. :-)
# >
# > cron files should be owned by the owner and quota-ble.
#
# That puts them in the same logistical category as mailboxes.
# User owned files, in a directory that is shared. The only
# place that wouldn't qualify as shared would be in your home-dir.
#
# What directory permissions did you have in mind?

Dir permissions?  Why not 711, and crontab files mode 600?

				--*greywolf;
--
Mankind should spend much more effort on education, escalating their levels of
intellect to those currently enjoyed by the upper minority, rather than forcing