Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1999 17:21:24
On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 09:55:50PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > > That's a bug that got a lot of press last year, people stuffing
> > > .tgz into their crontabs to avoid quota. Cron should restrict
> > > the file to a reasonable size.
> >
> > Cool :-)  I missed that one.  Students?
>
> eek. :-)
>
> cron files should be owned by the owner and quota-ble.

That puts them in the same logistical category as mailboxes.
User owned files, in a directory that is shared. The only
place that wouldn't qualify as shared would be in your home-dir.

What directory permissions did you have in mind?
--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,