Subject: sup releases?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1999 15:40:22
Hi all,
Quick question...what will I be missing if I sup the following:

bmake
doc
gnu
include
ksrc
othersrc
pkgsrc
security

I don't want to do allsrc, as I don't want games or xsrc...is xsrc included
in either src or allsrc? That's not a "regular"-type thing imo, but since
the README.sup doesn't tell what packages ARE included with src or allsrc,
I have no idea...the README.sup only tells of some things that are NOT
included with the src & allsrc, but telling me that it contains all netbsd
source except a few snippets here & there doesn't explain much to me...I
don't quite relish trying to sup them all individually, & comparing the
last.*.

Basically, I want to be able to do make build on my alpha. I'd ideally like
to end up with roughly what the base, comp, etc, kern, man, misc, text,
secr give me. & I'd like it to use as little HD space as possible.

What will src give me that the sum total I mentioned here won't?

ditto with allsrc?

Thanks for any insight,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.