Subject: Re: /bin/sh, /bin/csh and the '^C'
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Andrew Gillham <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1999 11:57:52
Christos Zoulas writes:
> In article <> Andrew Brown <> writes:
> >>Ok, now that we're in 1.4_ALPHA, I'll complain again.. :-)
> >>With empty /etc/csh.* and no /root/.cshrc and /root/.login, I
> >>*still* see the control-c when I type it! (but it interrupts)
> >># ^C
> >># ^C
> This has nothing to do with the shell. If you don't want to see the
> control characters, stty -ctlecho.

Ahh, so this default merely changed between 1.3.x and 1.4_ALPHA?  I
am accustomed to the 1.3.x behavior I guess.
stty -a shows:
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl

Yet my 1.3.x shell doesn't echo control characters until I run /bin/sh

If the echo of control characters is normal, then under 1.3.x it is just
a bug that I am used to! :-)

Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank                     | inadvertently.