Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1999 07:49:28
Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no  wrote:
 > I will note that hier(7) says ``system configuration files and
 > scripts'' for /etc.  I also see that it's not been updated to
 > reflect current reality, it mentions /etc/crontab, so there's
 > further evidence that cron's files have been there before.

Merely following logic; it would be sensible then to find out
who moved 'crontab' from /etc to wherever... Once you've found out
who moved it, you should then talk to them and find out why they
moved it... Maybe, just maybe, you'll find that they made a sensible
decision and might change your mind...

 > If it's not clear already, I support the move /var/cron -> /etc/cron.

Since it's not clear; I oppose the move...

Shouldn't you also insist on moving /var/crash/minfree?