Subject: Another vote to pull up /src/sys/arch/m68k/m68k/db_trace.c 1.24
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/1999 11:37:21
	I would like to add my voice to the chorus asking for
	/src/sys/arch/m68k/m68k/db_trace.c  1.24 to be pulled up ASAP
	as I suspect there is a panic MMU/UVM problem in the m68k
	ports; my Amiga system also pukes in the same area as the sun3(?) and
	Next ports do; somewhere in the pool code I suspect, but the ddb
	backtrace is whacked. B^(.

	Also, why is there a fundemental dependancy on the GNU info system
	to bootstrap NetBSD 1.4?

	I found it rather irking, especially since I had an earlier version
	of GNU info installed in /usr/local/bin already, when
	I tried to start the build from 1.3.3 -> 1.4 and the makeinfo stuff
	brought it to a grinding halt.

	I've been able to build new versions of NetBSD/Amiga from the old
	since 0.9 days or so and I found the requirement for GNU info just to
	bootstrap irritating...

	The suspected pool panic has stopped the process for now but I'd still
	would like to know why the build process for BSD now has an extra GNU
	dependancy that it doesn't REALLY need... B^(. Can we add a
	MKINFO=no or something to the basic bootstrap to forego the need for
	info during initial bootstrapping?

	-Rob