Subject: nullfs crash
To: None <>
From: maximum entropy <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1999 19:50:56
While I was experimenting with nullfs, my system crashed.  I remember
there was some discussion about nullfs crashing in the past, and I'm
not sure if there was enough information to find and fix the problem.

My fstab was:
/dev/sd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/sd0b /tmp mfs rw,-s=65536 0 0
/dev/sd0e /usr ffs rw 1 2
/dev/sd1a /altroot ffs rw 1 2
/dev/sd1b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/sd1e /usr/data ffs rw 1 2
/usr/data/users /usr/users null rw 0 0
/usr/data/src /usr/src null rw 0 0
/usr/data/pkgsrc /usr/pkgsrc null rw 0 0
procfs /proc procfs rw 0 0
kernfs /kern kernfs rw 0 0

The system is running the most recent i386 snapshot:
NetBSD 1.3K NetBSD 1.3K (GENERIC) #1: Mon Mar 15 21:36:17 MET 1999 i386

The crash occurred while running a sup into /usr/src, and (in another
window) running 'cd /usr/src ; du -sk *'.

savecore output and dmesg output are at:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can investigate.