Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: feico@pasta.cs.uit.no, Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Head Anarchy Conquest Knight Esquire of the Realm <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 13:56:25
Just for the record, I think that system utilities (INCLUDING mail, btw)
that insist that putting personal system stuff into $HOME/.$util by
default should be ripped out by their nuts and stapled to the wall.

I'd deinstall in a quick second any system that insisted on putting
my crontab in my home directory somewhere.  What if I wanted different
systems to do different things?

...and I *like* my mail to stay in /var/mail, thanks.

[at least until I delete it.]

				--*greywolf;
--
DAFFYNITIONS