Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 16:42:48
On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> Ditto. That, and I would like to see that included in 1.4. I wonder if there
> are any other things like that that we can make more sane while there's still
> time before the release...

I'm not sure this is possible. Things are awfully close, there seem
to be a few issues with whether we really want to do this, and I
still have to decide on and write the upgrade mechanism for those
upgrading from from previous releases. I'm not sure if the best
thing to do is to insert a symlink (/etc/cron -> /var/cron) or to
`mv /var/cron /etc'.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.