Subject: Re: killing a package make
To: None <joe@mediaone.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 11:43:19
On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 09:58:13PM -0500, Joseph Sarkes wrote:

> In addition, the sheer number of ps entries makes it very difficult to
> determine what to kill afterwards.

>From another terminal:

ps ax | grep make | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}' | xargs -n 1 kill

Sometimes I get ticked off during lengthy builds, and, to free up my machine:

ps ax | grep make | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}' | xargs -n 1 renice +15 -p

> Should it not be possible to hit ctrl-c to kill the parent and all child
> processes of the make?

Yes. I always thought that's what happened... <boggle>

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped