Subject: Sample device-driver-as-LKM code?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 11:48:07
I'm thinking about hacking up a device driver for some custom hardware on
one of the systems I own.  To make my life easier (and to refrain from
rebooting thousands of times), I'd like to code this driver up as an LKM
first.

However, I don't see any sample LKM code for device drivers, and was wondering
if anyone had (a) a sample LKM device driver, (b) ideas on what parts of the
system an LKM'd device-driver needs to interface with (autoconfig machinery,
interrupts, ...) and any restrictions on those interactions.

Thanks!
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                   rafal@mediaone.net