Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 11:46:18
On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 01:07:09PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:

> Two things that come to mind:
>  + read-only root filesystem, so users can't change their crontabs.

Users already can't chsh or chfn or passwd with a read-only root, which
seems somewhat worse to me. :)

> However, I'm for the change :-)

Ditto. That, and I would like to see that included in 1.4. I wonder if there
are any other things like that that we can make more sane while there's still
time before the release...

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore