Subject: Netscape slow to exit
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 07:22:46
I am running the BSDI version of Netscape and I have a strange problem.
When I exit from Netscape after some activity it can take quite a while
to close down.  The system goes into a high level of disk activity and
locks the system.  Last night I timed it (the clock display stopped so
it was easy) and it locked up from 23:32:41 until 23:37:10, almost 5
minutes.  I'm guessing that Netscape is doing something funny with
memory allocation but I don't hear others complaining about this.  Am
I the only one seeing this?  Anyone have any idea what's happening?