Subject: lockmgr panic using ln
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1999 02:03:28
I discovered this by accident today:
mkdir test
cd test
ln -s ../test panic
ln -s <full-path-to-test>/ panic

results in a lockmgr locking again myself-panic. Note that the slash
following the full path is important, without it nothing interesting
will happen. No trace here, because I forgot to dump the core, and it
wouldn't be fun anyways without debugging symbols. However, I can
provide one if no one else manages to repeat this. (So far it's been
100% repetitive here)

My box is as follows: (hope that this wasn't fixed during this week...)
NetBSD babylon5 1.3K NetBSD 1.3K (BABYLON5) #29: Sun Mar 28 13:06:03 EEST 1999     pooka@babylon5:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/BABYLON5 i386

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  Citius, Altius,  \    / o