Subject: Re: Will we run on this thing?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1999 13:48:23
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
>This seems like a nifty little box, and I'm wondering if NetBSD will run on
>one of them. If so, I'm going to be really tempted to get one.
>
>Hm. Of course, I don't know what this beast can use by way of networking
>cards, and it doesn't seem to come with a CD-ROM drive. That might make
>installation tricky. :) Hm. Digging through the included PDF remotely
>using the PDF viewer on my home box is... somewhat slow. Okay. It looks
>like it supports "standard" PCMCIA ethernet cards. Hm.

  I've got one...it's a *great* machine.  The framebuffer, however, wasn't
supported or documented last time I checked.  If I recall correctly I didn't
have any trouble getting NetBSD running on it, but with no X.  So I'm still
stuck with SunOS on mine.

  As far as networking...it's got ethernet onboard.

             -Dave McGuire