Subject: Re: audioplay & audiorecord programs now available!
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1999 07:49:01
On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 05:22:11PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> so, i've written versions of these programs for NetBSD (reusing some
> code from audioctl), and they are now available in the source tree.

Very neat. I rebuilt my system just for this, and they work like a charm.

The only defect I've noted is that the end of each wav is cut off if I
play a bunch in a row, like "audioplay *.wav". I'm randomly guessing that
it finishes feeding each file into /dev/audio and then begins the next,
which starts feeding in before the previous has finished playing and which
takes precedence. I have no clue what the fix would be. It doesn't really
warrant a PR, IMHO, although I'll send one if it's desireable.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant. The relevant bit is that we have a nifty
new toy to play with. Thank you. :) I've already got Netscape switched
over to use audioplay, and I've removed rplayd from my startup. :)

Later...

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped