Subject: Re: make depend error when making kernel (mar 26, 99)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1999 12:57:07
Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp> typed:
:On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:33:52 +0800 (HKT), Chan Yiu Wah wrote:
:> Anyone know how to solve the make depend error when making kernel with
:> source tree upto mar 26, 99.  Thanks.
:> ======= Error =======
:> pc56# make depend
:> depending the kern library objects
:> depending the compat library objects
:> make: don't know how to make ../../../../arch/i386/isa/isa_machdep.h. Stop
:How about "rm .depend"?  I'm inclined to suggest that .depend be
:removed by "make clean"...

I had this happen to me two days ago.  I union mount my obj directory
over my source directory and in that obj directory (or nearby) was a
isa_machdep.c and one other file.  When I killed those everything went
fine.  If you're obj build is outside your src, look for a spurious
isa_machdep.c - of course, .depend is definitely another possibly.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : (Australia) 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/