Subject: Re: if_ne_isapnp losing?
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1999 16:53:27
In message <19990325174847.A25852@rek.tjls.com>, Thor Lancelot Simon writes:
>Is anyone else having trouble with ISAPNP "ne" cards lately?

Not exactly.

>if_ne_isapnp.c revision 1.10 or 1.11 seems to have made my generic pnp
>"ne2000" card get "device timeout" on every attempt to transmit.  Looking
>at the changes, I can't for the life of me see why -- but a March 22 kernel
>(just before those changes) doesn't have the problem, and one I build today
>does.

I had this problem with a pcmcia ne2000 - which is actually a fairly similar
device, as I understand it.

Eventually, I discovered that:
1.  My system would periodically decide that the card was on IRQ 10, which
NetBSD was avoiding for some reason; this would cause trouble.
2.  I always have to cold-boot if I've run Windows, or the card doesn't work.

-s