Subject: Re: softdep?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/1999 16:10:16
On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 11:58:44AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> Will NetBSD be integrating McKusick's soft dependancies code?

With a working LFS, it seems to me there's somewhat less pressing need
(though the current LFS implementation does burn a fair bit of memory
bandwidth during segment writes, that can and I presume will be fixed)
but I agree this would be nice.

I think Frank's been working on it at various points and never been
completely satisfied that he had something stable enough to go in the tree.

Has Kirk changed the license so we can ship with soft updates enabled,
and not just the stubs?

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"