Subject: Re: 1.4 release information
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1999 10:47:53
On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 12:01:08PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

[...]

> The ALPHA phase of the release cycle begins at the branch, with
> 1.4_ALPHA snapshots to appear on the ftp site as soon as the build
> masters can finish their jobs (between 8 hours and six days, depending
> on the port).
>
> The BETA phase begins on (or perhaps a bit before) April 16th. Again,
> 1.4_BETA binaries will appear as soon thereafter as the people
> building them can manage.
>
> The final code freeze is currently scheduled for April 30th
> (approximately). Final release binaries and a final release may take a
> couple of weeks past that point, in order to get full builds done on
> all platforms and in order to get them distributed to all the mirror
> sites.

This is just a note to volunteer machine time/my time for any sorts of builds
on any of the following platforms, to any portmaster who may need more
cycles/whatever.  The platforms I can support are: i386, alpha, sparc,
macppc, mac68k (though I've never actually used it; I might be a good
install-tester here :), sun3x, and maybe amiga (haven't fired my amiga
up in over a year, tho...)

I've got T1 access and lots of disk space;  I'd love to help.

+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz