Subject: Re: BSD == NIH
To: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1999 03:01:10
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Ian Dall wrote:

> If you want to compare Edition 7 csh and sh then I agree that csh
> is better, but we are not. Most csh users don't seem to understand that
> sh has moved on since then.

To the best of my knowledge, v7 (the Seventh Edition) did not have csh.
I know we hadn't, and there is no csh manual in the v7 manpages. (I
recall getting my copies from dmr's homepage, but a quick look found
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?manpath=Unix+Seventh+Edition first,
which somehow refers to ftp://elib.zib.de/pub/netlib/att/cs/v7man).

The first time I saw csh was in 4.2BSD on our VAX, but somehow for me v7
has always remained the measure of things.

> Ian

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc. ---- Unauthorized duplication,