Subject: Re: sysinst in 1.3k
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1999 12:32:42
Julian Coleman writes:
> seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> > But I did find a problem:  Something changed about how ftp is used, and it
> > can no longer handle my password.
>
> Does your password contain ':', '@' or '/'?  IIRC, sysinst calls ftp as :
>
> 	ftp ftp://username:password@host.domain/path/to/tarfile
>
> For example, don't get your sets from a machine that wants 'anonymous' and
> your email address ...  (I suppose you could use bang notation instead ;-)

ftp was fixed recently to correcly parse usernames and passwords in
the url style request.

it appears that sysinst needs to know how to escape these; all would
be required would be a function which takes the username and password
and escapes them use %xx as per rfc 1738 (i.e, the opposite of what
/usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/fetch.c::url_decode() does)

i suppose i could whip up a function to do that as a last resort
(i.e, if no-one else does it).

this should be a pr ;-)

luke.