Subject: Re: BSD == NIH
To: seebs@plethora.net, Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1999 21:02:20
On Mar 16, 11:14am, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
}
} I'm not sure "the way BSD does them" is necessarily an important thing.
} After all, we have 'rc.conf', which isn't, historically, the way BSD does

     Maybe not, but I like it.  It fits in with the BSD way and is
nice to use.  One of the things I really hate about SVR4 is that
configuration information is spread all over the system (not to
mention the wide differences in the various SVR4 implementation).  I
wish more things would be put into rc.conf.

} I rather like root having the same shell I get in single user mode.  I

     This raises the question of whether the single user mode default
shell should be changed as opposed to changing root's shell.

}-- End of excerpt from seebs@plethora.net