Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Mar 15 1999 snapshot, with CD-ROM image
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1999 01:16:42
Hi,

I'm very sorry, but it appears that I've made a mistake in
constructing the boot images (possibly replicated in the CD-ROM
image).  I'm currently downloading new boot and CD-ROM images to

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19990315/NetBSD-1.3K/i386/

and

ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/local/i386-cdrom/split/

But do not despair if you have already burned a CD; there's a
simple workaround to the problem (if it exists on the CD):

 - When the system boots, it comes up running "sysinst".  Exit
   sysinst.
 - Do "ln -s /bin/cat /usr/bin/gzip"
 - Restart sysinst by just typing "sysinst"

and away you go.

If you decide to pick up the new boot images you get the bonus
that you can now mount Linux ext2fs partitions from the install
image; that was previously not possible since mount_ext2fs was
not included in the install images.

I'm sorry for the confusion and/or disappointment this might have
caused.

Regards,

- H=E5vard