Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 09:30:19
On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Missing - presumed fed. wrote:

# I think an rc.d is not such a bad thing as long as it doesn't turn into
# files named things like
#
# S20apache
# S24foobar
# S25bazquux
#
# or other hogwash.  A control file for execution order of the scripts
# would be preferable to filenames doing it.

	The problem with having a control file vs. naming them in order is
that now you have two places you have to change something instead of just
one.  You also have two places you need to add things, and two places to
remove them.  Adding it being much trickier than removing it, of course.

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>