Subject: Re: From 1.3.3 to -current.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 09:16:19
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> writes:

Peter> Is it sane to just build a -current kernel and leave my
Peter> otherwise pristine 1.3.3 alone, since I'm happy with it?  :)

That's what I've done.  You'll have to rebuild everything that uses
libkvm, assuming you want those tools (like ps, *stat, etc.) to work.
I think that requires rebuilding libc.  That requires rebuilding lint
and lex, I think.  And you'll need new /usr/share/mk files, of course.

:)  Okay, maybe it's better to just rebuild the whole system, unless
you intend to play with a -current kernel for a few days, and then go
back to a 1.3.3 one.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu