Subject: 1.4 schedule (was Re: From 1.3.3 to -current.)
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1999 17:36:22
seebs@plethora.net writes:
> In message <87yakxm642.fsf@jekyll.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes:
> >Building -current from 1.3.3 is likely Really Hard. I'd try using a
> >snapshot and upgrading from it instead.
>
> Where would I get a snapshot?

ftp.netbsd.org:pub/NetBSD/arch/{whatever_your_arch_is}/

> >BTW, the 1.4 release cycle starts late this month.
>
> Cool!  What does that mean in terms of when 1.4 will come out?

If all goes according to today's version of the plan (which is utterly
subject to change), the branch will happen at the very end of this
month and the official 1.4 release announcement will be in
mid-May. However, these things shift constantly, so don't take that as
likely to remain unchanged.

Perry