Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1999 15:49:22
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 03:36:07PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> If you are unaware of the existence of System V for the VAX, I have to
> question whether you've actually got enough historical perspective to
> usefully contribute to this discussion.

Nice try. I'm fully aware that SysV for the VAX exists. The quote which I
find offensive, however, says "you know where to find it" - and I don't.

> As to the rest -- thanks, what you consider "offensive" or not (talk about
> rhetoric!) is highly unlikely to ever alter what I say.

Nice to know you care about customer relations.

> It's hardly as if we were talking about making it *impossible* to use
> /bin/sh as root's shell.  Certainly I'd assume you know how to use an
> editor.

Indeed. The discussion, however, in overall tone is about The One True
Berzerkeley Way.

> A lot of blood sweat and
> tears have gone into Berkeley UNIX, here and elsewhere.  Have some respect.

It's hard to respect someone who disses everyone else, regardless of how
much blood, sweat, and tears went into *their* system.