Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Dean Huxley <ender@macbsd.com, dean@huxley.org>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1999 00:05:30
Colin Wood sez:
/*
 * what's wrong with using 'su -m'?  then you get whatever shell you started
 * out with, which is presumably the shell you prefer...
 */

Problem with that is that you don't necessarily want the entire environment.
($HOME is especially troublesome that way).

				--*greywolf;
--
A whole wide world, an endless universe/Yet we keep looking thru the eyeglass
in reverse/Don't feed the people but we feed the machines/Can't really feel